Author Topic: Operation Dynamite  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Aron Klaudiusz

• Recruit
Re: Operation Dynamite
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 11:46:22 PM »
Sparrow 1-1

Aron glanced over as their final arrivals climbed in. Remembering the Army Lieutenant from the previous OP on the Reliant. He offered a simple nod as conversation picked up. The Formoza Lieutenant smirked when they got word of the green light.

His US counterpart spoke up soon enough however, grabbing his attention when talk of leadership arose. "Hm, not me. I'm here to pull triggers and learn. If there's no one else I will, but I'm enjoying my vacation." His accent dripped around his humor-filled english. A hidden grin behind the balaclava.

"You're SEAL yes? You can run, I trust is why you're here." He paused for a moment, looking across to the Army Lieutenant. "What are you expecting on your end my friend? These men are yours?" He pointed at the two soldiers who accompanied him.

Offline William Bishop

• Recruit
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2017, 10:48:38 AM »
<HMAS Canberra>
<Combat Information Center>

Will looked over the displays while pondering over the situation report.

"Alright. Have the Darwin proceed to make their block. Have our gunships spin up and move to assist in getting those inbound contacts. If that new team in the AO can, see if they're able to check out where those new contacts left,
 try to get any leads on what's going on here."
Will ordered.

Offline Michelle Hanley

• Recruit
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2017, 11:02:19 AM »
Sparrow 1-1

"Alright, then, I guess it's time to put up or shut up. I'll take the lead on this op. We've got the layout,
 but..."
Michelle was about to say more when the radio interrupted.

"Kraken, this is Poseidon Actual. We have a location of the friendly HVI. Deck Oscar-Three, under the bridge. But still negative on the location of the hostages. Push for the HVI first, locate the hostages and secure the area for medical teams to deal with the wounded." Bishop explained.

"The ship's cook, she's a Belgian who escaped the pirates somehow." Brian chimed in. Michelle nodded.

"Kraken 1-1, solid copy." Michelle replied, "Alright, you heard the boss. We locate the cook, find the hostages, drop the tangos and lock the place down so the docs can take care of the wounded."

"The wounded are likely too far out to evac them, so we're going to take the ship's sickbay and take care of them on-site, which means that we need to secure that tin can ASAP and get the wounded to sickbay. I'll triage and determine who needs on-site treatment and who can be flown back on the CASEVAC." Brian explained.

"...well if that isn't a pain...alright, we'll get it done." Michelle replied.

Offline Leah Kim-Sook

• Recruit
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2017, 11:38:11 AM »
<MV Reliant>

Leah released a subtle sigh as the ship went through it's docking procedures. They had a little mixbag group, mostly department of the navy. She knew of a group of MRF Marines aboard, a lot of navy types, but most of all they had an SAD asset on board who was running this show more or les. Agent Choi was his name. A former army guy l from what little she knew of the man. He seemed to keep to himself for the most part, she had only notice him mingle with the officers for the most part.

As SWCC this wasn't exactly in her wheelhouse but she fit their little criteria for this op. Of course she’d rather be with SpecDet Kraken,yet here she was. Lithe fingers clutched at the AK variant, her subtle body language obviously hinted at her nervousness here. “Come on get it together,” she muttered to herself while moving above deck. The dummy nukes were being prepared for transfer.

“Alright, game time...we can get this done without a hitch.” Despite her trying to reassure herself, there was a nagging knot forming in her gut.

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Corporal
  • This is me, so I am here
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2017, 03:53:17 PM »
<HMAS Canberra>

{Leading Seaman CIS Kurtis Redding RAN} NPC

"Aye sir." Kurtis was feeling the giddiness of what combat brings on the excitement level, almost to the point his hands were shaking, almost. That may have been attributed to his 7th cup of coffee this watch. "Darwin, this is Canberra command; proceed, ensure you remain within international waters but keep those RHIBS and the gunboat as far from the Reliant as you can, we need to buy our teams time. You are authorised to use force if and when they cross beyond Somali waters." He didn't have to wait long, a confirmation came back in seconds. "Sir, they report one of the RHIBS has floundered, taking on water. The others and the gunboat are still pressing on." Then he called up flight command.

"Flight, CIC, ready two Tigers, to clear in minus five copy?" He sent them the contact data, the reply came back the birds were ready to go. "You are clear over."

<Center Island entry>

{Petty Officer Boatswains Mate Carol Douglas} NPC

The RN commander had been expected, Carol found him just inside the main Island entry with a paper cup in hand. "Commander Chandler, if you head up that set of stairs to my right, you'll find the command team in the CIC sir."

Next for Kurtis was the contact on land. He changed channels quickly. "Kudu 1, Canberra Command. Request you try and locate exact position of Somali boat teams base, we may need to assess what other assets or strengths they have. Over."

@CDR Mark Chandler @William Bishop @Wihan Meinertzhagen

Offline CDR Mark Chandler

• Recruit
  • Commander, RN
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2017, 05:41:50 AM »
HMAS Canberra

Chandler sipped from his cup until an Australian sailor entered the room. He recognised the insignia she wore to be almost exactly the same as that of a Petty Officer in the his own Navy. Unsurprisingly, of course, since the Australian Navy was based on the Royal Navy. She told him where to go. The Commander nodded, and thanked the PO before heading up the stairs.

He arrived to find the CIC abuzz with activity. Unsure of where to go aboard this strange ship, and not wanting to be in anyone's way, he kept to the sides. He didn't directly recognise anyone in the dark here, so he wasn't quite sure where to go either. He supposed that someone would come collect him when he was needed.

Offline Commodore Anne MacGregor

• Recruit
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2017, 03:59:35 PM »
<HMAS Canberra-CIC>

The sound of movement came to Anne's ears not too far away from where she stood with William at the tactical screen, she looked above her glasses to see a familiar face in the reddish darkness of the CIC. "William excuse me a moment, there is someone I need to speak to."

She then squeezed in between the various operators and control stations making her way over to near the door where a RN commander stood looking rather lost. "Mark, what a pleasure to see you. What brings you over here? Hopefully its not some dire emergency that needs my attention, lord knows we have enough of those right now."

Offline CDR Mark Chandler

• Recruit
  • Commander, RN
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2017, 05:14:08 AM »
HMAS Canberra-CIC

Chandler noticed the female flag officer approach him in the reddish glow of the CIC. He chuckled slightly at what she had to say. "Nothing like that I'm afraid ma'am" he said, pronnouncing the last word as marm, as if he was saying 'marmalade' and stopped mid-word. "All I know is that we received comms that Daring's Charlie Oscar was requested to come over here." he then added after waiting a second.

He had no idea as to the reason for why he was here, although he hoped that he'd finally be told what was going on, why the exercises had been cancelled, and why he wasn't on his way home.

Offline Wihan Meinertzhagen

• Recruit
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2017, 07:00:18 AM »
<320 km East of Berbera, Somalia>
<Firebase 'Protea'>

{Lieutenant-Colonel Jordaans, SANDF (yes- he's back again)} NPC

Jordaans read the signal flimsy sent to him from the RAN assets afloat in the Red Sea requesting assistance. "So...we are in it now" he said. Looking at the Operations Officer to his right he nodded. "Alright Jeremy- get Kudu-1 online sharply".

<285 km East of Berbera, Somalia>
<Callsign Kudu-1>

Callsign Kudu-1 lay in all round defence near the village, waiting the moment that they would up and leave for their new location. Carefull attention had been made to ensure that nothing was left behind to show that they had been there and that any sign where they were going was eradicated. Nothing seemed to be happening down in the fishing village since the boats left. It was quiet except for the villagers going about their business as they had for hundreds of years.
The signaller with great care and slowness tapped his boot tip against Wihan's ankle. Someone was obviously on the radio. Moving with painfull slowness, Wihan edged himself backwards to come up next to the signaller. Taking the radio handset he spoke carefully.
"Kudu-1, send over" he said.
The radio whirred breifly and blurted out its message. "Kudu-1 this is Zero-Alpha the Ops Officer said, "Mission update".
So...they had new business. Wihan wondered if this meant they now had stay put or move to a new location.
"Zero-Alpha, send over" Wihan affirmed.
"Friendly blue-water elements request LOCSTAT of terrs boat base. Send conformation of your LOCSTAT from last SITREP the radio whirred.
Taking the map from his cargo pants pocket, Wihan check their location with his 2IC and once they agreed he signalled back their co-ordinance of the fishing village.
After a short silence the radio whirred again. "Kudu-1, move 2 mikes south of your current location and await further instructions.
"Roger Zero-Alpha, out" Wihan answered and handed back the radio handset to the signaller. "We're moving 2 clicks south from here. We wait there for further instructions" he told his det. "Issak- you lead us out. Lets go" Wihan told the Cape Coloured scout. With great care they evacuated their position and moved off into the dim twilight of the early evening.

@[Mim] @ [William Bishop]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 07:04:42 AM by Wihan Meinertzhagen »

Offline Commodore Anne MacGregor

• Recruit
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2018, 07:06:52 PM »
<HMAS Canberra-CIC>

With a cheerful smile Anne guided the Daring's captain over to the tactical display with its constantly moving inputs showing exactly where each element was. She smiled again to herself when she saw quite visibly small dots taking off from the Canberra, signifying that the Seahawks were up and away to deliver the rescue parties. "Its not exactly in my field of work Mark, so I'll hand you over to our mission coordinator Colonel William Bishop." She turned, leaned across the table to get the Colonel's attention. "William, this is Commander Mark Chandler, captain of the HMS Daring, one of our more powerful destroyers in the fleet. I'm sure there was a decent reason he was signaled to join us for a one on one discussion."

@William Bishop @CDR Mark Chandler

Offline William Bishop

• Recruit
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2018, 03:58:53 AM »
<HMAS Canberra - CIC>

"Commander." Will said, taking a moment to shake hands with the British officer,"Now, into why you've been summoned, I haven't the foggiest of ideas. I don't deal with the boats of this group, my responsibilities are for the operators assigned to this shindig." Will replied, his Texas drawl getting a bit more pronounced as it did when he was starting to become more and more mentally burdened.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 03:59:54 AM by William Bishop »

Offline Michelle Hanley

• Recruit
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2018, 04:17:18 AM »
<Sparrow 1-1>

"Sparrow One One, on approach. ETA Ten Mikes." The pilot reported.

"Alright, does anyone have any words of wisdom or bright ideas before we get boots on the deck? It's just us and the Seahawks on this one...thank god. But if anyone has anything, now is the time before we get there." Michelle said, glancing around the cabin.

"Negative, ell-tee." Brian replied, shaking his head.

"Out here, it's Gambler. Just what we did on my team and all." Michelle commented.

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Corporal
  • This is me, so I am here
    • My Facebook
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2018, 05:45:38 PM »
<320 km East of Berbera, Somalia>
<Firebase 'Protea'>

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

<HMAS Canberra>

{Leading Seaman CIS Kurtis Redding RAN} NPC

Keeping tabs on everything that was taking place, Kurtis wasted no time updating the Colonel. Whirling his chair around, he replayed the message from Kudu. "Sir, Kudu1 has replied." As the message played out over the speaker, he replied to the sender. "Kudu 1 this is Command. Please hold while an assessment can be made."

There was another signal from NAVCOM. Kurtis printed it out, sliding it across the table to William.

-Origin NAVCOM-
 -To Colonel William Bishop-

Daring to relieve Darwin at minus three hours. Assist surface fleet to prepare possible inbound air elements from enemy forces; Daring to lead destroyer missile screen.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:47:29 PM by Mim »

Offline Aron Klaudiusz

• Recruit
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2018, 10:00:01 PM »
<Sparrow 1-1>

Aron glanced around at the personnel in the bird. As Gambler dropped a quick question, he contemplated his 416-C briefly before speaking into comms. "Nothing you all don't know already. Flow in, don't stop, attack the funnels, and control the tempo. We get bogged, we're  screwed my friends. These men will most likely be scared and angry, that's a dangerous combination in of itself. But again, you all know this. Read the eb and flow and adjust accordingly. Oh...you can call me Otchlan...or..Abyss if that's easier. Same thing."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 05:00:29 AM by Aron Klaudiusz »

Offline L. Andrew Cannon

• Recruit
  • U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2018, 01:50:10 PM »
<Sparrow 1-1>

Andrew rolled his eyes at the Air Force CRO bringing along something that meant he wouldn't be able to dip into their ammo reserves if he ran out. But that wasn't an issue for Andrew or his guys, they all had brought along the favored M4 SOPMOD. With the Pol finishing, Andrew pipped in over the onboard radio, "Yeah, what he said," pointing at the Polish Formoza operator, "Also if these cats are smart they've already boobytrapped this joint. Check all doors and hatchways for trip wires and other potential explosive triggers, be wary that these guys could be strapped up with some boom as well." Pointing back at his two guys, "If we come across something, anything that looks like its an IED or a boobytrap and one of us isn't doing something else, let us know and we'll take it apart... Abyss, that's what they're here for, we make things not go 'boom!'." Making an exploding gesture with his gloved hands.
L. Andrew Cannon
1LT, OD
Platoon Leader
28th Ordnance Co. (EOD)(ABN), 192nd Ordnance Battalion (EOD)