Author Topic: Amman, Jordan  (Read 375 times)

Offline Sqdn Leader Catherine MacGregor

• Private
Re: Amman, Jordan
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2017, 12:13:02 AM »
<Amman City - Mall Food Court>
        <Under escalator>

There was deep empathy in Cate's eyes, she could well relate to AJ's story, pretty much along the same lines as her own, albeit in different ways. She wasn't about to bore the woman though, nor play one upsmanship with her, that was AJ's story and she was more than happy to have heard it. Hopefully she could understand in her own way how damned bloody hard it was for Cate and Ben to do what they did without someone always looking over your shoulder, or trying to get at you because of who your parents were. It was far from an easy road, with both of them having to prove themselves over and over on their own merits, even to this very day. "Bastardry runs rife in the service AJ, I think we both know that. I think though I can take care of Kyzlakavic in another way that won't come back to bite either you or me on the backside, nor reflect on our Squadron. Give me a moment." She pulled out her phone, went through her addresses until she found the one she wanted. Hitting speed dial she was talking within a few moments.

"Izzy, where the hell are you? What's that noise I can hear?" She asked when the receiver answered.

"Wind, snow, you know Cate the usual thing. Northish, very northish. Delta 7." He gave the code word that told her he was somewhere deep in the far eastern corner of Siberia, which didn't surprise her.

"Christ, good luck with that Mate. Listen I need a favor, you still close to Group Captain Miles?"

"Yeah, he paid us a visit just before we shipped out why?"

"I need a favor." Cate then explained what had happened, gave Izzy the details, AJ's background and exactly what happened on the mission. She ended it telling him the whole thing was a set up aimed at either breaking up the cohesion of the squadron to make her or all of them look bad, just pure envy on Kyzlakavic's part.

Izzy listened intently, the man was in fact one of Cate's former ASIS handlers and a damned good one at that. "Leave it to me girl. You take care and tell AJ her slate will be clean within the hour. You won't be hearing from the good Wing Commander for a while either. I know a perfect desk for her to fly. See you soon Cate." He rang off, then Cate told AJ everything as it was and who exactly Izzy was as well, not his real name at least, but enough to settle the woman.

"Good bloke that one. Saved my neck more than once, geez I could have married him if he wasn't so bloody ugly." Hopefully the grin would be infectious enough to see a similiar one on AJ's face.

Offline Jason Freese

• Recruit
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2017, 09:31:52 PM »
<Muwaffaq Salti Airbase>

Jason was but one of the many tag alongs that followed behind the Major and his Russian attaché. Eyes darted around, subtle yet quickly, he had his eyes on a few as they got settled inside.

The Ranger took a seat with his team and listened in.

He glanced over as Stavro clasped a hand down on his shoulder. “Take notes for me S-O, I've got a call.” The SFC gave the man's shoulder a pat before heading out.

The Staff Sergeant glanced back towards the Major and Russian as they went on on the subjects at hand. His interests piked once they asked for questions. He glanced to the Scout Sniper as he made his questions. The guy seemed fairly linear, let Jason know where he stood, but chances were if things went by the book Assassin wouldn't have to ross too much.

Still…

Jason lowered his write in the rain and rose his hand. “Sir, what's the ROE on the ground? Secondly, what do we have for enemy TTP’s and things of the like?” He gave pause for answers before continuing. “Another question, what do we have in terms of HVI or HVT’s in our AO, or for the duration of this op if any?”
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:53:26 AM by Jason Freese »

Offline Flt Sgt Beckett Paine

• Recruit
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2017, 08:55:27 AM »

Beckett laughed a bit as he got in line with Bobbie. "Well someone is hungry," he teased, squeezing her hand.  Since it looked like they were on holiday here there was no reason he couldn't be a bit more affectionate.  Despite the glare he received from his sister.  He knew Kim would tease him mercilessly when they were alone.  Oh well, he would deal with it.  He didn't get a lot of time like this with Bobbie and he was going to make it count.  "Lamb sounds perfect," he answered as Kim nodded her agreement.

Offline Captain Robert Henschel

• Recruit
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2017, 08:56:54 AM »

Rob nodded absently.  His eyes were roving the court.  He knew Cate and AJ were safe, but he still didn't like them being away.  And now that Bobbie mentioned it, where was his other team mate?  It wasn't like Trish to wander off.  He hoped she was alright.  If she didn't show herself in a few minutes he would go look for her.  Or of Cate and AJ returned soon maybe they would have seen her in passing.

Offline Flight Lt Kim Paine

• Recruit
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2017, 08:59:24 AM »

Kim made a gagging sound as she watched her brother and best friend.  "You two are really sickening," she teased them good naturedly before stepping in line with them.  The food smelled wonderful and her stomach rumbled.  Apparently she was hungrier then she had thought.  Although it was odd that Trish hadn't stayed with them.  Maybe they could all go look for her shortly if she didn't show up.

Kim looked around after answering that lamb was good with her. "What else is good here, Bobbie since it seems you have a pretty good idea?"  She wasn't sure why her friend knew but it seemed like Bobbie had a better idea then the four of them standing there.  She glanced over at Jack. "What would you like, Jack?" she asked, hoping the man was okay.

Offline Jack Pierce

• Recruit
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2017, 10:38:34 AM »

AJ's hands were still shaking but she finally closed her eyes for a moment and began to take a series of deep breaths.

"I'm such a mess sometimes, I swear. I...." She paused to compose herself further before continuing, "...I know I should have handled this better. So, I apologize, and if anything, I'm the one that got Jack fired up, not the other way around. He wanted to settle this before we left, I convinced him it was hopeless. I think the lesson here is not to assume everyone has ill intentions."

Jack meanwhile turned around and looked around, his eyes scanning the crowd. There was that concern in the back of his mind that something could have happened to the Air Force ell-tee, especially when AJ took off after Cate, but the police were headed that way after the initial spat. And this was Amman, not Baghdad or Damascus, it was a different culture than what people thought of the Middle East. Maybe she saw something she liked and had to check it out, but the naval aviator couldn't shake the bad feeling in the back of his mind, even if his rational mind was saying that made little sense.

Offline Lt Trish Ramirez

• Recruit
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2017, 09:56:37 PM »

Finally Trish made it back to the group and she was puffing just a little, not exactly out of breath, more you could tell her adrenaline was pumping off the charts. She almost ran down the escalator to catch up with her friends, siding with Jack the moment she reached them. "You know those guys in the four by four that passed us earlier and slowed down? They parked and followed us, well me to be exact. They're up in the upper court, two floors up but don't look. When they lost me, they saw you guys, they've been scoping you all out since you arrived basically, or since they arrived anyway." She wasn't fazed, somehow the Trish managed to elude them, but she was concerned as they looked like trouble and certainly didn't look like locals, they had more of that Syrian almost European look to them.

Offline Flt Lt Robyn Hatfield

• Private
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2017, 10:24:12 PM »

*two minutes earlier*

"Yeah I know." Bobbie had to giggle at that, she knew both her and Beckett were driving Kim bonkers and Bobbie was enjoying it immensely. "Well.." She looked around quickly, there was so much that was familar just like back home, but at the same time she didn't want to overdo it either. Gotta watch the waistline. "Lets see how we feel after this..." She stopped mid sentence when Trish finally showed up. Bobbie listened to her, did her best not to look up but it was hard. "Effing creeps, what do you think they want?" She asked, but in the back of her mind she knew very well what they were after somehow. "I've got this weird feeling that we might have to cut our leave short...a gut feeling you could say."

Offline Sqdn Leader Catherine MacGregor

• Private
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2017, 10:52:52 PM »

"You've not seen me early in the morning then.." Cate wanted desperately to cheer AJ up, she fully understood what the woman was going through and if the places were exchanged, Cate knew she herself would have reacted in much the same way or even worse. "The most important thing I think that came out of this AJ, is that we both now know where each other stand. If there is something I can give you, its that I have your back AJ, now and for as long as you're with our squadron, yours and Jack. Speaking of which, I think our men will be getting anxious, shall we?" Cate put her arm around AJ, gave her a hug then guided her forward.

Offline Troy

• Recruit
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2017, 10:08:46 PM »
<Muwaffaq Salti Airbase>

Amelia exchanged a look with her co-pilot who shrugged his shoulders. She had heard of people being shuffled around during assignments away from home station, but had yet to experience that aspect of the Military. The Air Force tended to be fairly possessive over their aircraft.

"Technically we're still on loan to Pacific Command. Considering those in Australia sent us here, I doubt the brass back home know we're here. You're the senior pilot, so officially the call is yours."

Glancing at her watch, Amelia realized that getting in touch with any of the important people in Australia or the States would be difficult due to the time difference.
"I guess you have yourself a C-17 and 2 pilots, at least for the time being. We'll get in touch with the higher ups here and let them sort it all out."

She then addressed the Australian relief pilots who wouldn't likely be sticking around.
"As for you, I recommend swinging by what passes for a passenger terminal, and see what it takes to book a return flight. Thanks for the help, always nice to have some extra help on long missions. Once I'm back in the States, I'll send some souvenirs your way."

Offline Captain Robert Henschel

• Recruit
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2017, 08:31:57 AM »
Rob breathed a sigh of relief when Trish showed up.  At least she was alright and they didn't have to go hunting.  Although the look on her face and then her words made his blood run cold.  He clenched his fists at his side. "Unfortunately I think you might be right, Trish.  As soon as Cate and AJ join us we might want to slip out," he said, glancing around.  Now was not the time to make a scene.  They were out of their territory and there were civilians around as well.

Offline Flight Lt Kim Paine

• Recruit
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2017, 08:33:58 AM »
Kim was about to gag herself with a spoon.  Beckett and Bobbie were just too much.  Before they could torment her anymore though Trish came jogging up.  "Dang it," she grumbled. "I had a bad feeling about those guys when we first saw them." She glanced up toward the second floor.  "Well, let's not make it easy on them, but lets not let them know we're onto them.  How bout we grab our food while we wait and then find a way to slip out?" she suggested.  Yes, she was hungry, but she wasn't going to let those guys push them around.

Offline Flt Sgt Beckett Paine

• Recruit
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2017, 08:36:36 AM »
Beckett grinned at his sister.  It was fun to torment her.  Although when Trish came up that put any stop to their fun and games.  He raised a brow at Kim. "Seriously?  Food?" He shook his head. "Okay she might be right.  Just keep your eyes open." There wasn't much else they could do at the moment.  He carefully planted himself between Kim and Bobbie though.  He wasn't going to let anything happen to either of them.