Author Topic: Prime Minister's Residence- Canberra ACT  (Read 47 times)

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Private First Class
  • This is me, so I am here
    • My Facebook
Prime Minister's Residence- Canberra ACT
« on: October 10, 2017, 06:00:37 PM »
The Lodge is the primary official residence of the Prime Minister of Australia, and is situated in the national capital, Canberra. It is located at 5 Adelaide Avenue, Deakin. It is one of two official prime ministerial residences, the secondary official residence being Kirribilli House in Sydney

The Lodge is a 40-room Georgian revival style mansion, located on 18,000 square metres (4.4 acres) of landscaped grounds. The origin of its name is unknown. It was built as a temporary measure, to be occupied by whoever was the Prime Minister "until such time as a monumental Prime Minister's residence is constructed, and thereafter to be used for other purposes". The original "Prime Minister's cottage" was built in 1926–1927 at a base cost of £25,000 and an eventual total of "£28,319, including the landscaping of 2.8 hectares of grounds, construction of a tennis court and croquet lawn, and furnishing and interior decoration". The architects were Percy A. Oakley and Stanley T. Parkes of Melbourne; the builder was J. G. Taylor of Sydney. Ruth Lane Poole of Melbourne was responsible for interior design and furnishing, as she had been for the Governor-General's residence, Government House.

It's current occupant and the second woman to be elected Prime Minister of Australia, also the youngest person to have ever filled that role at just 36 years and four months is the Honorable Helen Tanner of the conservative One Nation party. She has held the job for just thirty six days after her so called 'fringe party' deemed too right wing by most, swept in to power in a landslide after the most recent spate of terrorist attacks both at home and abroad; with the traditional parties losing ground because they were simply too afraid of losing votes to minority groups if they pursued the same 'security' platform as the ultra conservatives. The former model gathered her support across the nation and across all divides with her 'unity for all' speeches. Condemning the PC brigade to the wilderness for a very long time.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:46:45 PM by Mim »

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Private
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Prime Minister's Residence- Canberra ACT
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 09:20:23 PM »
*Phone*

"Madam Prime Minister, hello. Wilson O'Hara. First of all, congratulations on your recent election to your office. I hope the Australian people continue to prosper and grow under your administration," Wilson took a breath, "Unfortunately, I wish that was the only reason I was calling you. There's been a recent development and it does pertain to your country."

He explained the situation, starting from the phone call last night from President Mikhailov, up to the current plan, which took the better part of ten minutes.

"...and that's where we're at. I've got Secretary Marshall on the phone with NATO, but we need to act sooner rather than later, and it will require the support of your nation's assets and military. With the exercise still on-going, we're in no shortage of on-site personnel, but we need everyone either ready to play ball or at least let us do our job."

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Private First Class
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 02:22:11 AM »
{Helen Tanner-PM} NPC

The newly minted PM had just finished a meeting with her Treasurer and Finance Ministers, she was laying down the law to them to be conveyed to Parliament at tomorrow's session. The energy fears of the past two years were going to be buried, with her orders for Commonwealth funded new HELE coal fired power generation plants to be built in all three eastern States and South Australia. Three each for NSW and Victoria, two for Queensland and one for the southern state. She knew that she would be receiving a very harsh email from the sole remaining two Green's MP's and perhaps a small handful of those from Labor. But with her 112 seat majority and the LNP holding 25, there was nothing the two opposition parties could do. And although there was no alliance between her party and the LNP, they did agree on most things. She watched them leave, spoke to her two teenage daughters via Skype for a brief moment, then the blue phone rang. In just those days of office, the same number as her age on this very day, she had yet to speak with the US President, such was the pace of getting things back into order. Her Foreign Minister though had been in constant contact with the White House.

Helen said a fond bye bye to her kids as she picked up the phone. "Hello Mister President and thank you. At the same time my deepest apologies for not speaking with you earlier than this." She then listened to what he had to say, it was expected given the current situation but she had no idea it had progressed this far. "I'll brief my Defence Minister tonight, sometime during the early hours on the morning, you can expect a task force on its way to intercept that freighter. We'll keep the lines of communication open, in the mean time I should call my counterpart in New Zealand."

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Private
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 09:36:07 PM »
{President Wilson O'Hara} - NPC

"Excellent. I'm going to have someone on the first plane we can get to head out that way and take command. We'll continue the exercise as normal so as to keep attention away from the operation. We should expect a response from NATO in a short while, so expect a call for a little crisis group management or whatever they call it these days." Wilson said with a light chuckle.

"In the meantime, we'll proceed with the plan as laid out. Admiral McRaven with Special Operations Command should be laying out the finer details with our commanders in the field, but I thank you for your support in this delicate and precarious matter. I'm glad to see that our mutual commitment to the stability of the Pacific remains as strong as ever."

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Private First Class
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 02:18:00 AM »
{Helen Tanner-PM} NPC

Even while speaking, Helen was rapidly pounding the keys of her desktop sending emails to her staff, the Chief of Defence and several others who had to be informed. "Sounds like a decent plan to me, granted I'm no military expert Mister President as I feel like I'm still a rawbone as my old Navy father used to say. But I like to think that through him I'm up to date enough to know what needs to be done." A press on send and six emails were away. "In the meantime, while your Commander is on the way, we should have Admiral MacGregor be readied for any event should the situation change in the next 12 hours. I will have Coast Watch shadow that ship and perhaps it might be a good idea to have our Indonesian friends send out some sheep dogs to shepherd the vessel a little closer to Australian waters."

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Private
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 11:24:17 PM »
*PHONE*

{President Wilson O'Hara} - NPC

"It's my understanding the Indonesians are doing just that as we speak. The Carl Vinson battle group has been monitoring them while in the Philippine Sea, but they're headed towards Korea so they're out of range now. The Chinese have more or less stayed out of it for the moment, but we won't discount their support if it comes. They've got just as much of a horse in this race as we do."

"For now, I think you and I just need to get with our respective military commanders and turn them loose, as it seems that there isn't much else to do but try to get as much support as we can to resolve this situation as swiftly as possible. But if there is anything that we have not addressed that you feel we should while we're on the phone now, I'm all ears."

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Private First Class
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 07:04:12 PM »
{Helen Tanner-PM} NPC

At that moment everything looked like an avalanche. The PM's Secretary came running in, handing Helen a transcript of a conversation with he had a moment ago with his counterpart in Jakarta, they had already intercepted the ship just outside of their territorial waters. Their patrol boats were playing a cat and mouse game with them as Helen spoke with Wilson, all the while their activities pushing them closer into the Australian zone. "I've just had confirmation of that right now. They are currently sailing through the shared Australian and Indonesian zone south of Timor, another hour and they will be in our jurisdiction." There was another brief interruption as her intercom announced the arrival at the Lodge of several of her cabinet ministers, the Chief of Defence, the heads of both ASIO and ASIS and the Federal Police Commissioner. After confirming with her personal aide to let them in, directing her to usher them all to the main dining room merely for space; she spoke again to the President.

"Pardon the interruptions Mr President, it looks like things are happening quite rapidly now on this end. My Defence Minister, the Attorney General and Foreign Minister have all arrived along with my Chief of Defence and the Federal Police Commissioner. I will brief them immediately then get back to you as soon as I can.....yes there was one thing. My predecessor was in the process of negotiating with the former President an arrangement to see some of your ships based in our waters on a permanent basis. I'd like to take that up again, along with the establishment of a permanent Marines base in Darwin rather than the drop by once a year deal we have currently in place." She knew exactly what she wanted. In exchange for Australia's complete commitment to US global security policy, Helen wanted to make sure her countries meager defence forces received a bolstering until such time her Government could repair the damage the last three administrations had done.

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Private
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 07:35:46 PM »
*PHONE*

"Of course. We'll have to meet on a more formal basis for that, but given that the US and Australia have a history of excellent cooperation, I don't see this being too much of a problem. In the meantime, I'll get our representative out there as soon as possible for this operation and keep you appraised of where NATO stands. We'll likely be hearing from the Russians soon, as well. Take care, Madam Prime Minister, we'll keep in touch during this crisis."

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Private First Class
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 07:54:21 PM »
{Helen Tanner-PM} NPC

More than happy with the outcome, Helen felt it was time now for the wheels to put into motion. "We'll speak again very soon I am sure Mr President. In fact in light of these events, I doubt either of us will be seeing a lot of sleep tonight. Until then." She replaced the receiver down, her face deep in thought for a moment before Helen left her private office to meet with those in the dining room.

Some fifteen minutes after the PM entered the dining room, signals were sent to all commanders involved in both the Talisman Saber exercise and the Darwin area. More signals reached Jakarta within moments of the first, as well as PNG and the Philippines.