Author Topic: White House - Washington DC  (Read 66 times)

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Private
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
White House - Washington DC
« on: October 10, 2017, 08:32:23 PM »

The White House is the official residence of the President of the United States, and is situated at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. It has been in use with every President since John Adams in 1800. Since then, it has undergone several renovations, as well as reconstruction after being burned by the British during the War of 1812, with the last ones being the major reconstruction effort ordered by President Truman in 1949 and a restoration effort led by First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy that was displayed on public television in 1962.

The current President of the United States is Wilson O'Hara, formerly the governor of the state of Indiana. Despite his initial competition for the Republican Party's ticket, O'Hara wound up winning over the majority of Americans by taking a firm stance on matters of defense and security but also appealed to many moderates by emphasizing that partisan division had put America in the position it was in and that only decisive leadership, not divisive, would restore America. Though he downplayed it, O'Hara's military service made him popular among veterans, as has his decision to appoint a highly popular General as Secretary of Defense. He has a track record of putting his words into actions, even if some accuse him of being willing to run people over if they get in his way to do so.

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Private
Re: White House - Washington DC
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 09:19:59 PM »
<Oval Office>

It had been a three hour meeting with the heads of the US Military, plus the Secretary of Defense, Secretary of State and Secretary of Homeland Security, but they finally had enough of a plan to work with on the political level. Wilson now had to get the foreign heads of state on board or at least into a position where they would play ball. The Russians were being unusually cooperative, but it was the general consensus that given how far the ball had been dropped, the Kremlin wasn't in a position to play hardball.

"Sir, with the number of units we have operating in the area, we risk the operation being blown before it gets too big. But it also means that we have ample personnel to draw from." Admiral Benjamin Ian McRaven, the head of US Special Operations Command, said.

"I'm inclined to agree, sir. A composite task force should be an option here, assuming that we can get the support of the countries involved. We may even want to include the Russians, since it was their nuke that got lost in the first place." Secretary of Defense Jonathan Marshall added.

"And it will be. You're right, both of you. We've got so many troops there that we'd be as obvious as the Goodyear blimp at halftime. And if the press gets a hold of this before we can get more intel, we'll have more problems with every social justice warrior trying to tell us how to do things." Wilson replied, staring out at the lawn for a moment longer before he sat down.

"At this point, we should first call the Australians. It's in their backyard, after all. After that, we can get NATO on the horn." Marshall suggested.

"I'll call the Australians right now. Go call up the NATO Secretary General, we need to get this ball rolling yesterday. Admiral, I want you to start getting a task force put together there, work with the commanders on the scene, draw from anyone we can. See if we can use the Ronald Reagan Strike Group as a base of operations." Wilson said. Both of the other men nodded and left the room immediately.

"...Christ, this is a fine start. Congratulations on the job, by the way, you've got possible Russian nukes in your backyard. Welcome to the club..." Wilson said to himself and then picked up the phone, "Put me through to the Prime Minister of Australia. Urgent."

After a few moments, he was put through.

"Madam Prime Minister, hello. Wilson O'Hara. First of all, congratulations on your recent election to your office. I hope the Australian people continue to prosper and grow under your administration," Wilson took a breath, "Unfortunately, I wish that was the only reason I was calling you. There's been a recent development and it does pertain to your country."

He explained the situation, starting from the phone call last night from President Mikhailov, up to the current plan, which took the better part of ten minutes.

"...and that's where we're at. I've got Secretary Marshall on the phone with NATO, but we need to act sooner rather than later, and it will require the support of your nation's assets and military. With the exercise still on-going, we're in no shortage of on-site personnel, but we need everyone either ready to play ball or at least let us do our job."

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Private First Class
  • This is me, so I am here
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 02:30:22 AM »
{Helen Tanner-PM} NPC

*Phone*

"Hello Mister President and thank you. At the same time my deepest apologies for not speaking with you earlier than this."

"I'll brief my Defence Minister tonight, sometime during the early hours on the morning, you can expect a task force on its way to intercept that freighter. We'll keep the lines of communication open, in the mean time I should call my counterpart in New Zealand."

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Private
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 09:35:57 PM »
"Excellent. I'm going to have someone on the first plane we can get to head out that way and take command. We'll continue the exercise as normal so as to keep attention away from the operation. We should expect a response from NATO in a short while, so expect a call for a little crisis group management or whatever they call it these days." Wilson said with a light chuckle.

"In the meantime, we'll proceed with the plan as laid out. Admiral McRaven with Special Operations Command should be laying out the finer details with our commanders in the field, but I thank you for your support in this delicate and precarious matter. I'm glad to see that our mutual commitment to the stability of the Pacific remains as strong as ever."

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Private First Class
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 02:20:34 AM »
{Helen Tanner-PM} NPC

*phone*

"Sounds like a decent plan to me, granted I'm no military expert Mister President as I feel like I'm still a rawbone as my old Navy father used to say. But I like to think that through him I'm up to date enough to know what needs to be done."

"In the meantime, while your Commander is on the way, we should have Admiral MacGregor be readied for any event should the situation change in the next 12 hours. I will have Coast Watch shadow that ship and perhaps it might be a good idea to have our Indonesian friends send out some sheep dogs to shepherd the vessel a little closer to Australian waters."

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Private
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 11:22:48 PM »
"It's my understanding the Indonesians are doing just that as we speak. The Carl Vinson battle group has been monitoring them while in the Philippine Sea, but they're headed towards Korea so they're out of range now. The Chinese have more or less stayed out of it for the moment, but we won't discount their support if it comes. They've got just as much of a horse in this race as we do." Wilson replied. Likely, for the moment, the Chinese had bigger concerns with North Korea, but an errant nuclear weapon was bad news for everyone. The big problem was when things reached the Middle East, as the region was at its worst in decades.

"For now, I think you and I just need to get with our respective military commanders and turn them loose, as it seems that there isn't much else to do but try to get as much support as we can to resolve this situation as swiftly as possible. But if there is anything that we have not addressed that you feel we should while we're on the phone now, I'm all ears."

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Private First Class
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 07:05:44 PM »
{Helen Tanner-PM} NPC

*phone*

"I've just had confirmation of that right now. They are currently sailing through the shared Australian and Indonesian zone south of Timor, another hour and they will be in our jurisdiction."

"Pardon the interruptions Mr President, it looks like things are happening quite rapidly now on this end. My Defence Minister, the Attorney General and Foreign Minister have all arrived along with my Chief of Defence and the Federal Police Commissioner. I will brief them immediately then get back to you as soon as I can.....yes there was one thing. My predecessor was in the process of negotiating with the former President an arrangement to see some of your ships based in our waters on a permanent basis. I'd like to take that up again, along with the establishment of a permanent Marines base in Darwin rather than the drop by once a year deal we have currently in place."

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Private
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 07:35:14 PM »
"Of course. We'll have to meet on a more formal basis for that, but given that the US and Australia have a history of excellent cooperation, I don't see this being too much of a problem. In the meantime, I'll get our representative out there as soon as possible for this operation and keep you appraised of where NATO stands. We'll likely be hearing from the Russians soon, as well. Take care, Madam Prime Minister, we'll keep in touch during this crisis." Wilson said.

Ian pulled his reading glasses from the bridge of his nose, closing them and tucking them away in the breast pocket of his uniform coat. Rubbing the bridge of his nose he gently lowered the lid on his DoD issued laptop, a bright ugly yellow rectangular sticker plastered to the back in stark contrast to its sleek plastic casing was the ever present reminder of the information contained within. He’d been watching a live feed from a series of US Air Force and National Security Agency satellites that were keeping close track of the Russian’s wayward nukes and their chariot. Plus perusing the unit roster from the current Talisman Saber exercise - they were lucky this time, the deck could have been stacked more favorable in their favor. Ian already knew the question that would hit him the moment he walked through the doors into the Oval Office, and he was fully prepared to answer. His train of concentration broken as the President's secretary approached from around her desk, “Admiral, he’s finishing up now. If you’d like to head in.”

“Mhm, yes of course, thank you.”

Wilson set the phone down onto the cradle and looked at Ian as he walked in, standing up to move around to the front of the desk. “Admiral. The Australians are on board and will try to get New Zealand in as well. Do we have what we need to get this done?”

“Mister President,” Ian said responding to the Commander-in-Chief’s query, switching the laptop to his left hand, “That’s good to hear, it is their backyard after all.” He paused for a moment to place his laptop on the coffee table in the Oval Office, before standing to address the President from an easy at-ease. “As long as our friends from Indonesia can steer the vessel back towards Australian waters or stall them somewhere out in international water long enough for our strike package from the Carl Vinson to intercept, then yes, yes we have ample assets in the AO to handle this situation.”

“We have to send the Vinson to Korea. We’ve got the Reagan out there right now, but I want to keep as many eyes away from that ship as possible. It’s my understanding that the Indonesians are handling getting the ship towards the Australians, and the Aussies themselves are going to get in on getting it closer to their waters with their own coastal defense forces.” Wilson replied, “But I’m glad to hear that we have the assets to make this work. I need to make sure this gets set up right. The Australian PM mentioned that she’s got an Admiral McGreggor on their side that’ll get to work on things, so that tells me that I think I need you to head out there and get things rolling too. I don’t see you staying too long, but at least getting this task force upright is our priority if we’re going to nip this in the bud.”

“Ah yes, the Reagan... At least that part of the plan is in motion,” Ian grinned, he appreciated the President’s confidence in him to establish and initiate this endeavor, “I do appreciate that Sir, but I do believe that it’d be overkill for me to do so when we have an already very able bodied SOF commander on station as part of our contribution to Talisman Saber… Unless this is more along the lines of our afloat forward staging base SOF idea we’ve kicked around before?”

“I’ve read the memos on that, something that started back when Enduring Freedom was entering into its fifth year, I believe. But it couldn’t gain traction because people were too busy defending their little kingdoms in the Pentagon.” Wilson said, pausing for a moment in thought, “Admiral, whatever you need from me to kick that idea to life, I’ll do it, even if I have to draft an Executive Order to make it happen. This is one issue that I’m not about to entertain the foot dragging. But it’s a sound idea on paper, and if force projection has worked for the Navy for the past 70 years, there’s no reason we can’t augment it to make it work for our Special Operations community, either.”

“Very well Sir, in that case I will grab the first flight out within the next 12 hours and i’ll coordinate with my Chief of Staff as well as the J shopes to get a working on a white paper to have on your desk as well as the SecDef and any others we may need within 72 hours?”

“That sounds like a plan to me, Admiral. I’ll keep on with getting NATO on board, and then I’ll move to whoever we still have in the Middle East. Oh, and bear in mind that we’re going to have to let the Russians in as well. It was their nuke that got lost, after all.” Wilson said.

“They shouldn’t have lost the damned thing in the first place Sir, I don’t care what kind of world we live in, pardon my french - are they fracking stupid!?” He said his Texas drawl coming out unconsciously. “But yes, preferably after we have stormed that castle and secured it.”

“No, no they shouldn’t have. But remember, this was likely during the end of the Cold War, where they couldn’t even decide if they wanted to fall or not.” Wilson replied with a chuckle, “They were likely more afraid of Reagan at the time, and between that, the coup and then Yeltsin almost running the place into the ground, I’m somehow not surprised. Plus, figure how much Chechnya has taken up their focus...believe me though when I say that President Mikhailkov is quite upset with his own people as well.” He added with the understatement of the century.

“How I would enjoy being that fly on the wall as they figure out the who, what, when, where and why to this whole thing.” Ian responded with a chuckle, “I have my orders Sir, is there anything else?”

“Just don’t let whoever wants that thing get their fireworks show, or it’s going to be bad news for a lot of people and open a can of worms we won’t ever be able to close again.” Wilson replied seriously, “But I have faith in you and anyone you entrust this mission to.”

“Thank you Sir, we’ll do what we do best. I should be back in town before anything kicks off, I’ll be in touch. Thank you for your time Mister President.”