Author Topic: Operation Able Sentry - Briefing and Sign Up  (Read 187 times)

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Private First Class
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Operation Able Sentry - Briefing and Sign Up
« on: March 24, 2018, 01:15:45 AM »
November 23, 2017

SITUATION: Following the conclusion of the opening phase of Operation Dynamite, US CENTCOM initiated Operation Rapid Thunder to pursue participants in the theft and sale of the nuclear weapons from Russia. This led to an increase in American, Commonwealth and NATO presence in the Gulf of Aden and Yemen, starting from SEPT 15, and the elimination of a number of high ranking personnel belonging to a terrorist faction known as the "Sons of the Sword". Operation Rapid Thunder was declared a success after the elimination of the two highest ranking members on OCT 30, and the USS Ronald Reagan battlegroup was ordered to return to the United States, with all associated vessels from Allied nations returned to their respective home ports.

On NOV 4, a passenger liner that docked at Haifa was bombed, and during the investigation, it was found by the Israeli government that not only was the attack executed by persons affiliated with the remains of the "Sons of the Sword" organization, they had been supplied weapons, explosives and counterfeit Chinese documents by the intelligence apparatus of North Korea. On NOV 12, Israel submitted a request to the United Nations Security Council to prosecute the government of North Korea for sanctioning and supporting terrorism, but the attempt went nowhere. Two days later, the ruler of North Korea was assassinated, and North Korea's representative to the UN demanded reparations from Israel, South Korea, and the United States. The internet was flooded with supposed intelligence documents that indicated the attack was a Mossad assassination with the support and blessing of both the South Korean and American governments. These claims have been refuted but already several countries are condemning the attack, including India and Iran.

A cabal of Korean People's Army generals have stepped in to assume power in the wake of their deceased leader, and have vowed to seek retribution upon those who committed the actions against their people. While alert levels were increased, it was not done so to a significant degree, due to the nature of previous speeches made by North Korean leadership and actions taken in the last decade. United States Forces Korea units were still allowed to authorize leaves for Thanksgiving holiday.

NOV 23 at 00:02, KPA forces commenced an artillery barrage across the DMZ that lasted until sunrise. KPA ground forces have crossed the DMZ at approx. 06:00 and have engaged elements of the ROKA, as well as some of the US 2nd Infantry Division. The semi-unprepared state of ROK and US forces has helped KPA advances.

MISSION: US Carrier Strike Group One has been making for the area from Australia at best possible speed and is now in position to launch aircraft in support of operations. Exchange aircraft from RAAF No. 1 squadron have been taken on to shore up last minute aircraft losses. The KPAAF has launched a number of sorties across the border in support of the ground invasion, and only because of the KPA's forward deployment of anti-aircraft weapons have they been able to maintain a presence in the air thus far. USAF AWACS from Japan have reported intermitent contact with low flying bogies in the Sea of Japan, possibly attempting to breach from South Korea's eastern shoreline. This is where air assets will be deployed first, but others may be assigned to help shore up the front line or blunt KPA anti-aircraft presence on the front.

((OOC: This thread is for sign up))

Offline Thaddeus

• Administrator
  • Private
Re: Operation Able Sentry - Briefing and Sign Up
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 05:11:39 AM »
I'm throwing in Alastair into this.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 05:32:55 PM by Thaddeus »

Offline Justin

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 08:09:53 AM »
I'd like to have Commander Burgin in here please?

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Private First Class
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 06:54:03 PM »
I should point out that this is air only.

LTCDR. Jack Pierce - Mission Team (Returned to VFA-137, CVW-2)
MAJ. Adrianna Pierce - Mission Team (Reassigned to VFA-137, CVW-2)

{NPC} - AWACS "Spy Glass" - Mission Controller
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 01:01:14 AM by Cipherhornet18 »

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Corporal
  • This is me, so I am here
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 07:32:45 PM »
I'm not sure where these characters should be, but they are available.

Squadron Leader Catherine MacGregor RAAF 1 Sqdn
Flight Lieutenant Robyn Hatfield 77 Sqdn
Lieutenant Patricia Ramirez USANG 1 Sdqn
Commander Francis (Fran) McCarthy USN Chaplain

Offline sorra

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 06:43:16 PM »
I also have Robert Henschel
Kim Paine
Beckett Paine
Drew Hastings

Don't know where to put them

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Corporal
  • This is me, so I am here
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 04:28:29 PM »
I also have Robert Henschel
Kim Paine
Beckett Paine
Drew Hastings

Don't know where to put them

see our PM :)

as for Drew, we'll work on that. I am going to bring in a CIA character soon. :D

@sorra