Author Topic: Operation Dynamite  (Read 175 times)

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Private First Class
  • This is me, so I am here
    • My Facebook
Operation Dynamite
« on: September 06, 2017, 11:58:07 PM »
Operation Dynamite:

Location: Yemen, Northern Somalia, Gulf of Aden, Indian Ocean

Mission: Anti Piracy Patrols in phase one. Phase two to be announced.

Offline Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Private
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Operation Dynamite
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 02:05:02 PM »
Following the conclusion of hostilities, allied forces met up with the MV Reliant and set straight away to making preparations. The ship was repaired as quickly as possible, while the three nuclear warheads were replaced with convincing dummies supplied by the Russians, intended for the crews maintaining the original missiles to practice on for training. A team was selected based on who could play the part of the hijackers, while the hostages were taken to Australia as quickly as possible. With the preparations complete, the Reliant set sail, followed later by the Ronald Reagan Battlegroup.

((OOC: At this point, any personnel who are on the ship must be able to play the part of one of the hijackers, and therefore must appear to be Asian, African or Middle Eastern with good Arabic language skills. Anyone who cannot play the part will remain on the HMAS Canberra. Ground personnel who did not participate in the boarding will be delivered to Muwaffaq Salti Airbase, Jordan via Captain Stewart’s C-17 (played by Troy). Carnage Flight is now on the USS Ronald Reagan.))

Sana’a, Yemen
September 4, 2017

The upscale home in Sana’a was a nice enough place, but with the civil unrest in the country, it was unstable as anywhere else in the country. Three men sat in the sitting room in silence as they waited for tea to be served.

One was Khalid bin al Nasiri, a man approaching 60 with close cut balding black hair and recently regrown facial hair that was showing signs of grey. Formerly a Colonel in the Iraqi Republican Guard, al Nasiri found that faith did little when compared to the millions he plundered from Kuwait. His commitment to Baghdad ended after stealing a small fortune and found more profit in selling out his comrades to the Coalition in exchange for protection. Since then, he began to accumulate wealth and power all across the Middle East, a man who had the means for others to carry out their will, for the right price. And money really was his only motivation, having once successfully played the Israelis and Palestinians against one another because both were paying him. Both got what they wanted and walked away poorer and more unhappy with the other side. Now he had the means for his guest to carry out a plan of destruction and the bank account to get al Nasiri’s support.

Farhad Kamali was, on the other hand, a zealot. A Syrian ultranationalist, his grandfather died fighting the Israelis in 1967, and his father died in the same place in 1974. As a result, he not only hated the Israelis but also the Americans that supplied them. He was studying in Iran when they finally rose up against the Americans, and took part in their revolution. It was his greatest moment to be there when the embassy was stormed and the imperialists within taken hostage and humiliated. He had hoped to bring this revolution to Syria, but found he was one of many. When the Americans invaded Iraq, he took advantage of the chaos to recruit followers and plunder Iraq of its ill-gotten wealth. This left Kamali with a great deal of wealth but little in the way to execute it. The fools in northern Iraq and Syria were only serving to bring the West back to the Middle East, but they were useful fools in his plans. However, he wanted more than just to establish a short-sighted caliphate. He wanted to see America as humiliated as those hostages in Tehran had been in 1979.

The final man in the room sat more or less between them. He was a Westerner, only calling himself Felix. But he was a man who had been burned by the Americans as well, formerly content to spy for the French but when he had information the Americans wanted, they got his family killed and tried to use him for their own ends. Instead, he used them, and now had the means to see the union of al Nasari’s weapons and Kamali’s zealotry. A match made in hell, but a useful one. After the servants left, the men turned to one another.

“Your supplies from Asia arrive tomorrow. But you know there is only one thing I am interested in, and they had better be there.” Kamali said, sipping his tea. Al Nasari chuckled.

“Of course, my friend. You paid handsomely and you will be rewarded handsomely. The Russians are such a careless people, and more greedy than even the Americans.” Al Nasari replied.

“Not as careless as you might think. Their President chose to discard his pride and confess to the Americans that they lost their nuclear arms. We need to plan accordingly.” Felix said.

“It is already too late. Neither have good intelligence here.” Kamali scoffed.

“They do tend to react poorly to missing warheads, however. We will need to throw them off the trail, offer some enticing targets to get their attention.” Felix offered.

“Isn’t there some useless little camp in the hills the Americans would like dearly to blow up?” Al Nasari asked. Kamali nodded.

“Yes. I’m getting tired of having to deal with them, ingratiating myself for their scraps. Give them to the Americans, let those who perish be judged.” Kamali replied, “We should also instigate the Somalis.”

“Hardly a challenge.” Al Nasari chuckled again before sipping his own tea. Felix’s phone rang, and he picked it up, answering. He spoke in French before frowning and hanging up.

“A problem?” Kamali asked.

“No, just a potential warning. I’m going to have some of my people at the harbor in Aden tomorrow, as a precaution.” Felix said before drinking his own tea.

Gulf of Aden
September 5, 2017

Operation Briefing - Operation Dynamite Phase I

The MV Reliant is on course to reach its destination, a dock in the city of Aden, Yemen. The intended customers for the weapons, including the nuclear warheads, are expected to be there. The teams aboard the Reliant are to remain undercover and execute the deal as planned. The dummy warheads that have been placed on board are fitted with tracking devices that we need in place. If the situation turns adverse, air support from the Ronald Reagan battle group will be deployed for evacuation, and ground teams are advised to try and capture any HVTs possible for interrogation. Otherwise, conduct the deal as planned and then proceed to the RV point for extraction in the Gulf.

Any personnel on board the Canberra are requested to assist with recovery of a civilian tanker that has recently been seized by Somali pirates while en-route to resupply our supply ship, Lyme Bay. Securing the ship and its crew are top priority. While the timing could be coincidental, any information to confirm or deny that belief is a secondary priority and welcomed if recovered. Support is available from EU NAVFOR ships conducting anti-piracy operations in the area. (Please note that EU NAVFOR Somalia Command is not in the know about Operation Dynamite and should be exposed as minimally as possible to the situation.)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ground teams that were forward deployed to Jordan are being assigned to raid an encampment recently identified by informants on the ground and verified by UAV. Located at 17.390365, 51.002309, approximately 7 miles southeast of the village of Rumah, Yemen, the site has been identified as a major communications hub, and is reported to contain the locally used ciphers, either in physical codebook form or contained digitally on a hard drive. This must be secured, but aerial recon indicates that the site may be well defended and partially built into the mountains. As such, we cannot confirm the extent of the defenses, and intelligence from Yemeni and Saudi forces both indicate that it is not unusual for such sites to be much larger than expected. Air support can be scrambled from the Ronald Reagan if needed, but Force Command has made it explicit that we are not to involve Yemeni or Saudi forces in the operation at this time. Any additional intelligence or targets of opportunity are considered secondary objectives.

Offline Cmdr Francis McCarthy

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 06:54:38 PM »
<USS Reagan south east of the Gulf>

Most everything they wanted to accomplish had been done to the letter, with Fran doing her utmost best to ensure morale was at its highest as the mighty ship along with its fleet crossed the Indian Ocean. The last thing they expected though was for the pre-arranged replenishment of the Lyme Bay to go awry when reports came to them the civilian tanker contracted to top up that ship had just hours before fallen into the hands of Somali pirates. Reconnaissance was vital of course, so it was natural that George had one of the ship's E2c Hawkeye aircraft keeping an eye on the tanker for the time being. But the man was determined for the entire operation to go smoothly in recovering their precious cargo, in that after a long call to the Canberra getting the wheels in motion for boarding teams, he needed to see things for himself.

In the two and half weeks steaming from Queensland Australia to their present position, the relationship between the ship's Captain and the Fleet Chaplain had gone from a mere working relationship to something a little closer, with the two of them often sharing a meal whenever they could, or simply spending some quality time in just talking. Of course the rumor mill went into overdrive, that was just the nature of humanity, neither though let it go past that, a rumor. Yet as Fran stood on the bridge, her eye was on the CAG as he desperately tried his best to talk George out of going up in the Greyhound. It took everything she had to not burst out in laughter as the ship's Captain gave every reason on Earth for exactly why he should go and see for himself.

Offline Michelle Hanley

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 03:34:29 AM »
<HMAS Canberra>

Once more, Michelle was loading up for another boarding op, but this time, she was going in with the boarding team. She was wearing her NWU II desert fatigues this time, with a P226 Navy in her holster, and two long guns on the table in front of her. One was an HK416A5 in its shortest barrel configuration, fitted with an M4S Red Dot Sight, RVG Foregrip, AN/PEQ-15 and suppressor, and the other was an 870 MCS shotgun fitted with a Magpul CTR stock, XPS3 holographic sight and shell side saddle.

With her music player blasting music into her earbuds, she didn't notice someone else join her at the equipment table until he set out his own equipment. She glanced up and removed one of the earbuds. He was in Multicam fatigues, but she couldn't place his nationality by his equipment, since the HK45CT in his holster was obviously hinting to being an American, but the F88 carbine he started to inspect suggested Australian. He gave a polite smile.

"Been practicing with one of these since we left, figured I'd give it a shot. Perks of this outfit, getting new stuff to play with." The man said and extended a hand, which like the one she responded with, was clad in tactical gloves, though he seemed to favor MechanixWear over her Oakleys.

"Captain Brian Coffin, Air Force CRO." He said.

"Lieutenant Michelle Hanley, DEVGRU." She replied, smiling politely. "CRO, you 24th Special Tactics?"

"Nah, missed my chance there. 58th Rescue Squadron." Brian replied.

"Oh, CSAR. Right on. They needed a medic and roped you into this?" Michelle asked as she started slotting magazines into her webbing pouches. Brian did the same with the translucent magazines that were only found on the AUG series rifles.

"Pretty much, yeah. I guess we got all sorts here, a real mixed bag. Kind of like that Rainbow Six game." Brian commented. Michelle laughed.

"Yeah, except full of O-3s and above. And unlike the last one, we're not getting constantly beat with the nerfbat because OP abilities." Michelle said.

"Says you. I gotta compete with a French SWAT type with magic darts." Brian laughed.

"Yeah, guess I'm lucky there, all I got is a Ruskie who brought a higher caliber rifle and uses magnifiers. Three-thirty-eight OP, please nerf." Michelle rolled her eyes.

"Sniper, I take it then? Word was there was a SEAL sniper on overwatch two weeks ago." Brian said.

"Guilty as charged, Captain. But not this time, unless we're reenacting Captain Phelps again." Michelle shrugged as she started then loading up on 12 gauge shells.

"What, not American Sniper?" Brian asked with a smirk. Michelle stopped and looked up at the Air Force CRO.

"Dangerous subject, and not because I'm Navy and you're Air Force. I just don't like being compared to anyone, especially Chief Kyle. And that comparison gets made way too much for my liking." Michelle explained, before resuming stocking up on shells.

"Understood. I meant no offense, Lieutenant." Brian said as he picked up the last of his magazines.

"I know. I wasn't trying to bite your head off, but I prefer to be straight up about stuff, not drop hints. So you know now, we're still good." Michelle explained.

"Roger that." Brian set his pack up on the next table to check over his medical supplies.

Offline Larissa Koralova

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 03:48:33 PM »
<Muwaffaq Salti Airbase>

After arriving at Muwaffaq Salti, Larissa only took a short while to get settled in before getting to the matter of transitioning to a combat oriented environment from the usual one that intelligence agents, like her, were involved in. She was surprised she still was able to perform reasonably well, undergoing several training scenarios with the Jordanians at the base along with Major Connolly yesterday.

Now, as they waited for the rest of the team, Larissa was sitting in one of the briefing rooms with a laptop in front of her. She was clad in fatigues that used a Russian commercially available pattern, similar to American A-TACS, but in beige, olive green, tan and black shapes on a light grey background. It was not a pattern in use by the Russian Military, but had gained some followers among the Russian militias in Ukraine, and therefore would be harder to establish who she was with. As she checked her personal e-mails, her cell phone buzzed next to her, and the ID, while unlisted, was familiar to her.

"Sir." Larissa said, answering in Russian.

"Captain. I trust you are well?" Colonel Sergei Yushenko, her mentor and commanding officer, said.

"Yes, sir. The packages should be coming in today. We also have some points of interest we're going to be looking into today." Larissa replied, speaking vaguely, since there was no way of knowing who was listening.

"Good, good. There is a slight problem, one that may be unrelated but may also be. This line is secure, so I will be frank. Wagner Group contractors recently came into conflict with a group of foreign mercenaries in Syria. The conflict was indecisive but they were not supporting any of the anti-government forces, but they were not pro-government either. GRU is actively covering it up, but it was a known stronghold of Farhad Kamali." Colonel Yushenko explained.

"I was under the impression that he was strategically insignificant. A zealot in a sea of zealots but trying to go his own way." Larissa replied, frowning.

"True, but he is an opportunist, he reportedly ransacked many Iraqi businesses and banks in 2003 while the Americans were pushing on Baghdad. We also suspect he has ties to Tehran, if only limited ones. Personal contacts with influence rather than any sort of state sponsorship." Yushenko paused, "The rebels are not part of his agenda, but the mercenaries were evidently conducting a purge of the site before Wagner's PMCs arrived. By the time GRU got men on site, it was clear that there was little of value, just enough to tie it to Kamali."

"Is it possible he's pulling out of Syria? With our forces in the region and now the Americans, he would likely be seeking a new base of operations." Larissa asked. Her mentor chuckled in approval.

"An astute observation. However, our colleagues are not convinced that the mercenaries are related and that it was coincidental. Kamali has made many enemies, particularly in Iraq and Israel. I, however, share your view." Yushenko said.

"If our colleagues are assuming coincidental, they should have their budget revoked. The Iraqis have proven thus far to be incapable of even sorting their own affairs, relying on the Kurds to do it. And the Israelis don't use proxies. Wagner would have engaged IDF Special Forces or a Mossad kill team if it was them, and a Russian PMC using Syrian Army hand-me-downs wouldn't have survived a skirmish with the Israelis. I'll keep an eye open for any further mention in my travels." Larissa said, as a knock came at the door.

"I know you will, Captain. Good day, and good luck." Yushenko replied, chuckling again and hung up.

"Come in." Larissa said as she set her phone down. Ed Connolly stepped into the room, clad in Multicam fatigues.

"Team's about here. You have all of our intel ready?" The Marine Raider asked.

"Yeah. Moscow just called with a possible development from Syria. We may have another player in the arena, but it's conjecture at this point." Larissa said, snapping her Toughbook shut and standing up.

"How so?" Ed asked, shutting the door behind him.

"Farhad Kamali. Syrian national, but considered to be too small-time to make a difference. He's not associated with the usual players except when they want his money. He looted a fairly sizable chunk of money from Iraq in '03, including some of their intelligence slush funds and supposedly a hidden account belonging to the Hussein family. But while he's quite anti-West, he's not exactly popular. One of his known strongholds in Syria was taken by rebel forces, and when a Russian PMC moved on it, foreign mercenaries had killed the rebels and torched the site. They traded shots but nothing came of it." Larissa explained.

"And they're sure it was foreign mercs? We've got teams in the AO, not to mention that Syria has more players in the game than Game of Thrones." Ed said, frowning.

"A possibility, but a possibility among many. I think Kamali might be fleeing Syria, looking for somewhere else to hide with so many factions in the country. Bad for him if he wants to get anywhere and has to compete with so many just to get anywhere." Larissa replied, grabbing her sunglasses and patrol cap.

"Yeah. Well, if I hear anything, I'll pass it along. C'mon, we gotta go meet the team an get ready for our trip to Syria." Ed said, opening the door and leading the way out of the building and towards the flight line where the C-17 from Australia was expected any minute.

"I may have to request to be assigned to Jordan for a while after all this is over." Larissa said, changing the subject.

"Yeah, it's pretty nifty. Might even bring the family over for a trip." Ed commented, "You mentioned Caracas the other day, you only been to Venezuela?"

"I've visited Canada and Cuba, but never got to the Middle East. I don't make nearly enough to go on a trip here, so better I do it on Moscow's account." Larissa said with a light laugh. Ed chuckled as well.

Offline Commodore Anne MacGregor

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 03:59:49 PM »
<HMAS Canberra>

<Sea Well>

Anne was concerned, deeply concerned. As she anxiously stood to one side on the walkway above the sea well, watching the various personnel get ready for the boarding of the tanker, her thoughts were on the crew of that ship. A message had come to the fleet via a mobile phone call sent to London, then relayed back to the Reagan, that three of the ship's crew were dead and two severely wounded with the pirates making no attempt whatsoever to attend to them. She wanted to desperately go over there and shoot the bastards herself, after of course giving medical aid to those who needed it, but even as those thoughts ran through her mind, despite her rank she knew the Captain would refuse her.

With that in mind, she went to seek out whoever had been detailed from the medical field as first responders, which brought her down to this part of the ship. She saw the man her senior NCO had described talking to a woman she'd seen about the ship on the trip from Darwin. Approaching them she excused herself. "May I interrupt for a moment Lieutenant, I need to speak to Captain Coffin for a moment."

Offline Brian Coffin

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 04:03:12 PM »
<HMAS Canberra>

Michelle nodded and picked up her gear, now fully equipped and loaded down.

"Roger that. See you on the bird, Captain." Michelle said, nodding to the CRO before making her way out. Brian nodded back and sealed up his pack.

"What can I do for you, ma'am?" Brian asked.

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Recruit
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 04:08:40 PM »
<HMAS Canberra>

<Sea Well>

"Thank you for your time Captain. I am Commodore Anne MacGregor, Fleet Surgeon." She took a brief moment to compose her thoughts before speaking again, watching at the same time the Lieutenant leave giving her a nod of approval. "A few hours ago I received a file the contents of a mobile phone call apparently from the tanker. It was brief as you can imagine given the crews circumstances. Now since I am unable, or least I would be held back from being a part of the boarding teams because of officialdom, I am going to have to rely on you. Already the pirates have killed three crewmen, with two others critically wounded, so time is of the essence." How did they get into this mess was a good question, she was under the impression any asset assigned to the fleets were protected, those civilian ships were supposed to have security elements on them. She frowned with deep concern.

"So Captain, its your hands if you can to save those two. If you do need me or any of our combat surgeons, after the ship has been secured, don't hesitate to call. Any questions?"

Offline Brian Coffin

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 12:07:58 AM »
<HMAS Canberra>

"Well, of course they'd neglect to tell me we had wounded. Alright." Brian paused to mull over the conditions, "So, we got two CAT Alphas already and god only knows how long they've been injured, so we're already cutting into the Golden Hour. Normally I'd have a whole team of PJs with me and I'd be more confident with it, the problem is I don't, and the best I can do in this sorry soup sandwich is stabilize."

"As soon as we can, I'm going to try to stabilize them and get them moved to the ship's sickbay. After that, we get you and your people on that ship as soon as the last tango is down or off the boat. I'm a CRO, ma'am, but not a miracle worker. And we can't risk all the jerking around of moving them from the holds up to somewhere to put the birds down, load them, and then try to get them to our sickbay, so on-site is our best bet." Brian let out a sigh of frustration as he swung his pack on and picked up the borrowed F88C, slapping in a magazine.

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Recruit
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 04:45:56 PM »
<HMAS Canberra>

<Sea Well>

"Who knew someone was able to use their phone? Generally in my experience in and around the Philippines and Indonesia cellphones are the first thing pirates go looking for. Perhaps we hit pay dirt in this case as the caller was identified as Cerese Lafabre, ships cook; twenty seven years old, single and an ex Belgium Navy chef. She had five years experience previously with anti piracy patrols in her service so perhaps we may have a good element with her there. Apparently from the brief call, they haven't yet located her, we can only pray for miracles can't we captain?" Anne fished out a piece of paper from her pocket, handing it over to him. "Her number I believe." It read 0456 789 021.

Now she had done all she could, the only thing left was to wish him well and thank him. "You'll do what you need to, that's all I can ask. Don't take any unnecessary risks and if I can find one of my people to go with you I will, you have though made the right assessment so that's a plus for all of us. Take care captain, do you know how long before you leave?"

Offline Brian Coffin

• Recruit
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 04:34:23 AM »
<HMAS Canberra>

"I don't take my phone into combat, ma'am. My carrier doesn't have insurance for gunshots, but I'll make a note in case I need it. You'll probably need it if the SIGINT types can use it to zero in on it." Brian said, reaching into the pocket on his right sleeve to pull out a pen and notepad, scribbling the number down before putting both away and handing back the note.

"I'm not sure when we're chalks up. I think we're waiting for the rest of the team at this point, mostly made up of the same team that boarded the freighter, minus whoever stayed on there. I would have volunteered but I was here the whole time, with the QRF." Brian looked around to see if anyone else was on their way to gear up.

Offline Ellen_Ripley

• Recruit
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 04:43:34 PM »
<HMAS Canberra>

<Sea Well>

The lad was right, something she hadn't thought of though it was still handy to know as they could use that to find her via a GPS tracking, a little long winded as someone back in London or DC spoke to her. They'd only need ten seconds of transmission, yet that could be a very dangerous ten seconds for the woman. Anne certainly wouldn't want to be in her shoes, although by the sounds of it, she must be one very tough cookie to have survived thus far. "I agree Captain. Very well then, I'll leave it in your capable hands and I will see you when you return. Good luck." She held out her slim hand, a very frail slim hand she noticed.

Offline Aron Klaudiusz

• Recruit
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 11:48:46 AM »
<HMAS Canberra>

Once more with feeling. Following the events of the Reliant, Aron had hitched a ride on the Canberra for this next boarding operation.  This thing was fairly back to back, surprising but quite welcome. The Polish officer now dressed in OD, with his same coyote brown carrier was getting his kit together.

Weapons settled on the table infront if him, aling with the magazines to go with, as well as needed equipment. For the most part the pouches on his plate carrier were empty. First was the P226, which he loaded, ppaced on safe and holsteted. It's four mags found a home in his drop leg holster.

His primary, once more was the 416-C. The same bells and whistles as before. No changes were made since he didn't want to take the time to zero his optic or laser. Besides no add-ons were needed here. He loaded six mags in his carrier, and four on eitheside  of his battle belt. He would not run out of ammo. The black pmags clipped into place on his battle belt, the hard case shown to be effective.

"Hm...should just about do it." He held up his SBR and kissed it. "Let's enjoy our date beautiful. Własny!" He cheered before slinging the weapon and grabbing his helmet and peltors. The earpro/coms he looped into the shoulder of his carrier as he walked out of the ready room.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:32:44 AM by Aron Klaudiusz »

Offline Leah Kim-Sook

• Recruit
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 03:05:47 AM »
<MV Reliant>

Leah released a subtle sigh. She had changed out of her cammies and kit in favor of a dull grey overall and a grungy white longsleeve shirt. She had made it a point to get bellow deck and scrounge up the outfit a bit, getting it a little grimmy with dirt oil stains from the mechanical fixtures and simply the environment of the ship itself. Her kit and assorted weapons had gone back with the rest of Kraken. She found her current possition to be mildly uncomfortable.

On the upside she got to roam around with a sweet little AK74U. Nothing fancy in the slightest, but something borrowed from the crew. Luckily she was familiar with the platform, but the misgivings and nerves were obviously there. Her language skill was also just above intermediate-mid. She was hoping that would be enough. So long as no one drug her into some crazy prolonged conversation about sheep stomach she'd be okay.

The SWCC groaned, realizing she was thinking herself into a hole. "Don't do that," she chastised herself quietly while making her way to the
 bridge from below deck. It was amazing to see the extent of the repair, and in some cases a cover up when it came to cleaning uo the deck. Whoever was responsible simply wasn't paid enough, but better them than her.

Offline Brian Coffin

• Recruit
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 11:17:35 AM »
<HMAS Canberra>

Brian took the offered hand and shook it once.

"Roger that, ma'am. We'll get it done." Brian replied with a smile before turning and making his way up to the flight deck where the Seahawk was waiting, as was Lieutenant Hanley, who now had a pair of Oakley sunglasses over her eyes. She was tapping her left hand fingers against her kneepads in tune with an unheard beat. Brian hauled himself aboard the helicopter and took a seat across from the SEAL, who looked up and removed one of her earbuds again.

"You're really into your music, ell-tee." Brian commented. Michelle cracked a smile and nodded.

"Yeah, a long time ago, I had hopes of being the next rock star. Or at least that was justification for my hair being dyed neon pink and being a loner." Michelle replied.

"...I legitimately can't see it, and we've known each other for all of five minutes." Brian said as he fished out his own pair of sunglasses, which were actually heavily tinted safety glasses, since he preferred a little more durability to the glasses.

"Hell, I can't and I lived it. Different times, but I sure do hate looking at my old high school pictures." Michelle replied, "I still have my guitar...oh god no, next." Michelle pulled out her iPod and changed the song, putting it away before chuckling, "Sorry, there's some stuff I have on here that's situational."

"Yeah, that's me and my Pandora feed. I've got it just about exactly how I want it." Brian said, before glancing out to see who else was coming along on this op.