Author Topic: Operation Drawback - Phase IB  (Read 534 times)

Offline Maric Talburn

• Recruit
  • Fresh mags and more rum for the boys
Re: Operation Drawback - Phase IB
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2018, 08:50:35 AM »
<Courtyard, National Museum of Korea>

Maric let a sigh of relief escape him. As crazy as the beginning of this operation had seemed, it could only be said that someone was looking out for them. “Well damn...so it's one of those days,” he muttered to himself while checking the MK48 for any problems.

He opened the tray and removed the rounds from the feed for the time being as he cleared out the links and swept the bolt briefly. Once he was satisfied he placed the belt back into the feed and cocked it. The Sergeant looked back at Captain Power’s for a brief moment. “You good old man? Thing's got a little exciting for a moment there. Hope your blood pressure is okay.”
Maric Talburn
Sergeant, SF
Junior Weapons Sergeant
Charlie Company, 3rd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne)

Offline Scott M. Powers

• Recruit
  • US Army Special Forces
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2018, 12:18:43 AM »

Listening over his shoulder, Scott took the opportunity to reload his rifle, stashing the partially spent magazine in his dump pouch on his battle belt.

“You good old man? Thing's got a little exciting for a moment there. Hope your blood pressure is okay.”

Looking back towards the team and at his Junior Weapons Sergeant, he just shook his head grinning, "Don't worry about my blood pressure, I took my aspirin this morning."

Scott looked at Major Connolly, "We best get walking Sir, this is only gonna get worse."
Scott M. Powers
CPT, SF (FA59)
Detachment Commander 
Deputy Assistant Operations Officer - Special Operations Coordinator
3rd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne)

Offline Ed Connolly

• Recruit
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2018, 05:08:17 PM »

"Let's shift it, folks, we've got way too much ground to cover and the enemy isn't going to wait on us." Ed called out.

The trip took some time, but they were finally at the hospital, which was swarmed with people and vehicles. It was a total disaster zone, to say the very least. Ed looked around the area, scowling. The roads weren't going to allow for a straight shot back to where they started, and if trouble showed up, it'd make life very difficult.

"Blackbird, this is Bighorn. We have reports coming in of hostile forces making another push on the hospital. The defensive positions west of you near an intersection and at the bridge to your south are reporting contacts that they might not be able to hold.'[/i]

"Solid copy on all. Can you get us ground vehicles now while we get things organized?" Ed asked.

"We'll get the convoy rolling now. But with this situation, you might need to hold for at least one hour. We'll get foot reinforcements to you as we can, and we'll tell the defensive positions that if they can't hold, fall back and regroup with you. How copy?"

"Solid copy. Blackbird out." Ed let out a breath and looked to his troops.

"Rally up. We've got a great big ol sh*t sandwich we're all gonna have to take a bite out of. We've got hostiles coming from the west and south, and this road network is a load of crap. The convoy is going to need almost an hour to get here because of it. Anyone on foot will be able to link up with us way faster, but expect what we saw, MPs, SWAT and local cops. We might luck out and get some National Guard and Army troops, though. So. That intersection west of us, looks like a T-junction into those apartments or whatever, I want a blocking position there. Use the buses and cars, and that's where the SAW lives now. I want one rifle overlooking that bridge, and another looking west. We ain't hurting for positions for either of you, so figure it out and get moving. I'm going to go find someone to get this evac organized and go from there." Ed said, and without another word, headed into the hospital to do just that.

Offline Michelle Hanley

• Recruit
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2018, 05:19:42 PM »
<Outside of Hospital at 318 Ichon-ro, Ichon-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul>

Michelle looked around their position, it was far from ideal, but so was this whole situation. And the prospect of holding out for an hour was even less so.

"I've got the bridge. I'll see about getting into the apartments there, get as high up as I can. Wish me luck." Michelle said, and set off to find a way into the apartment block towering in front of the hospital. It was made easier, thankfully, by a local who knew enough English to get her on the path to the rooftop, which didn't require climbing a ton of stairs.

Once up there, Michelle headed for the southeast corner and began setting up. She pulled her McMillan TAC-338 from its case on her back, and started setting it up. Once that was done, she removed her helmet and shemagah, wrapping the latter over her hair to keep it out of her face, and clipped the former onto the back of her vest. Last came flicking the safety off and operating the bolt, chambering a .338 round before re-engaging the safety for now. She sighted in the bridge over the Han River to her south, but couldn't make out much at this range.

"Gambler in position. Some activity on the bridge but can't really tell what it is. Will advise."

Offline GySgt Bob Lee Gerhardt

• Recruit
  • Gunnery Sergeant (E-7), USMC
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2018, 06:52:20 PM »

"Aye-aye, sir. I'll take west then." the Gunnery Sergeant stated before turning to his spotter. "Alright Jimmy, let's go" he said. The pair stood up and moved away from the group. There were three high rise buildings just to the west of the hospital. One seemed to be a shopping mall, while the other two were apartment buildings. They picked the one furthest west and within five minutes they found themselves in the lobby.

Bob Lee hit the button to call a lift and found that one was already waiting. The pair entered it and rode in it all the way to the highest floor all the while listening to what apparently passed for elevator music in Korea. After then wandering the hallways for a few minutes they found some stairs that led to the roof.

There was a small ledge on surrounding the roof. Unfortunately it was just a little too low to set up on, but it was too low to lie behind. Eventually they found some breeze blocks that they stacked and made a bed out of, while making another out of their packs. He laid down on his bed and unfolded the bipod on his M40, and then flipped up the scope covers. Gerhardt keyed the radio. "Hitman, set up. Eyes on the highway and the road the hospital's on" he said, not adding a part about not being able to pronounce the name even if he knew.

Offline Maric Talburn

• Recruit
  • Fresh mags and more rum for the boys
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2018, 11:42:08 AM »

Maric offered a simple nod as he looked towards the western intersection. "I'll see what I can do with those vehicles. But I'd wager that the bus is staying in place." Once given his peace, the Sergeant went off to check on the cars. A lot of them still had keys in the ignition, some were simply too damaged, to move. But others, others he would have to hotwire. "Oh joy."

Maric set the Mk. 48 in the passanger seat of a sedan as he went to work under the steering column with his multitool. It took a few minutes but the vehicle came to life and he started making his barricade, arranging the vehicles as he saw fit amd in tiers. There were two. The first forced an opening into two lanes, the other was a full bodied barricade, while the third was simply the bus itself, which forced another funnel for the gun to chomp away at.

Maric hinself moved to one. Of the overlooking buildings, getting to the second story and setting up his firing position. "Really wanted to set up traps, but oh well."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 11:08:53 AM by Maric Talburn »
Maric Talburn
Sergeant, SF
Junior Weapons Sergeant
Charlie Company, 3rd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne)

Offline Scott M. Powers

• Recruit
  • US Army Special Forces
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2018, 07:19:07 PM »

With the Major inside, sorting out the evacuation, Scott took the initiative to get the blocking position set in stone and place the other ad-hoc assets they had. It was easy work to manage, the guys, and gals of the shooters they had were well into the process of setting themselves in. So Scott decided to make his way back to Talburn with the last handful of shooters, to bolster the machine guns position and what would be the center point of any attack.

Scott found Maric setting up his position on the second floor of an adjacent building, as he climbed the stairs he activated his radio, "Talburn, at your pos, don't shoot me." Pushing into the room Scott moved up next to the Sergeant and settled in with him. "Let's hope this doesn't go anymore sideways than it has."

Scott M. Powers
CPT, SF (FA59)
Detachment Commander 
Deputy Assistant Operations Officer - Special Operations Coordinator
3rd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne)