Author Topic: Continuation of Unknown Heroes  (Read 64 times)

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Corporal
  • This is me, so I am here
    • My Facebook
Continuation of Unknown Heroes
« on: July 16, 2018, 09:43:26 PM »
 Hello everyone,

Well no one can say we didn't try and we tried really hard but sadly there were far too many factors against us to see our way to keep going as we are.

Both Cipher and I do wish to continue with the initial vision we had for Unknown Heroes, though the forces of nature to keep it up in the current format is weighing heavily on both of us. We do not wish to keep losing sleep over this, so follows our proposal.

Because of the small size of both our player base and the game itself, we have devised a set plan to keep as much of what we have intact. That will involve shutting down this current site and moving whatever we need to move over to our main host board Lost Worlds. Thereby we can take over one of the inactive boards there and quite possibly grow more effectively with players joining us on that board. It may mean a fresh start, but whichever way it ends up being, we can still do what we set out to do. It should be mentioned that on Lost Worlds we do not have individual character accounts, but that doesn't limit you to any less characters to be played.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for the support you have given us to this point, we are grateful to you all.

This notice will remain in place for one month, during which time each of you who are still interested in staying with us, we'd like you to post a notice to that effect in this thread. After one month the Unknown Heroes board will close.

Thank you all.

Mim

Offline Justin

• Recruit
Re: Continuation of Unknown Heroes
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 05:53:01 PM »
I'm a little hesitant, to be honest with you all. The original concept of having a character in charge of a small unit of NPCs really appealed to me and was something that I'd missed ever since leaving a Halo RPG years ago. Then we moved to the consolidated team structure. I wasn't a big fan of it, but I decided to go with it. I'd made mates, and it still kind of filled that niche for me that I can't really find anywhere else. The change to the point system, albeit a little confusing to me, therefore sounded interesting.

After giving it some time, I'm willing to give the move to LW a shot.

Offline Mim

• Administrator
  • Corporal
  • This is me, so I am here
    • My Facebook
Re: Continuation of Unknown Heroes
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 07:41:05 PM »
 So long as that team was controlled and didn't get out of hand I don't think at this point it'd be too difficult to stretch a point Justin. I think the problem earlier was we had too many teams with the players eventually not keeping up with their respective commitments. The focus should always be on your main character with a secondary focus on your NPC's.